Sunday 20 July 2014

17 lessons I've learnt.


17. React with no reaction. There are a lot of dick heads in the world who will try bring you down and hurt you but just have to keep on keeping on without giving them the satisfaction and attention that they crave.

16. Appreciate and enjoy the little things in life. They're the most important. Always say thank you for everything. Make sure you do stop and take it all in every so often. Don't always be in such a hurry, it's alright to slow life raaaight down and just enjoy the here and now. "Life moves pretty fast. If you dont stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it" -Ferris Bueller

15. Always keep the "bigger picture" in mind. This is useful in good and bad situations. Sorta like "the bad news, nothing lasts forever. The good new, nothing lasts forever" So enjoy the little things but then seriously don't sweat the small stuff.

14. Choose happiness. One of the best lessons I've learnt from the Shaytards. You have two choices in any situation, to get angry, upset, worried, annoyed, or just any of those bad feelings or you can simply choose happiness. It's not as easy as it sounds but it's the best way to live

13. Forgive and forget. No point holding onto grudges, because literally the other person just gets over it and is just living their lives, they don' give a what, while you're there just being mad at them, and wasting time that you could be spending being happy.

12. Laughter is and always always always will be the best medicine. I honestly believe this with all my heart. As soon as I'm worried, nervous, sad, mad, like just all those bad emotions, Ton will try and make me laugh, or like I'll go watch New Girl and like same goes with if someone else is getting emotional, laughter is the best way to make them feel better and makes it less awkward if it is ahahaha. "I'd rather laugh than cry" -Khloe Kardashian

11. There's a quote/lyric for every single situation. Going through breakup myself ahahahahahhaha but like that's all I wanted was my sad depressing little playlist to listen to, and i read endless amounts of "breakup quote" And i honestly do it aaaaall the time when I'm like giving advice like seriously, and everyones like you're so wise nahahahaha but like yeah, it's like just using someone elses knowldge but applying it to the situation at hand. And quotes just help me understand things a lot better. I've literally already done it so much on this post and will continue to do it hahahaha.

10. Stay on your teachers good side. I wouldn't consider myself a teachers pet, I just consider myself not mischief ahahahah. And like it gets ya pretty far! They trust you more and you can get away with more stuff, like I'm just being straight up, it's always like "if it was anyone else other than you" or even "don't tell anyone else" ahahaahhaha, I like dat bond. Literally all they're tryna do is help you and set you up for life so don't be a dick to them, just do ya work and leave!

9. You can do a lot with cups and ice. This is from Friends. So Monica has a party and coz she's so OCD she plans everything and there's only like cups and ice left for Phoebe to organize so she goes aaaall outs and makes like little decorations with cups and she gets ice sculptures, like shaved ice and everyone loves all her stuff. So basically make the most out of what you've got! If you're in a situation where like you feel sorta trapped or like I dunno what the word is but like expand your horizons within that little place ahahahhahahaha!

8. Every new day, is a new day. If you made a mistake yesterday, get over it, it's gone. I only just learnt this the other week. I had done something sorta mischief on Friday and was freeeeaking out but then I fixed it a little but I knew I still had to go to school on Monday and face the big problem. Matua Sol gave us his daily motivation and said something about like yesterday is done, it's over can't go back now, do what needs to be done then get over it and wipe the slate clean. And I dunno if he was talking about the Friday thing but it put me at ease and like that was just really the perfectest thing I coulda heard that morning! So yup make mistakes, muck up, try your hardest to fix it, don't worry about it though, then wake up the next day and never make that mistake again. Get it,got it, good.

7. Be nice. give compliments, make someones day. One of my mates said something like "nah I don't give compliments all the time coz then they're not special, so if I give you one then you know it's super genuine" and that's actually really true as well, like quality over quantity, but you're not spreading your love around yah know? Like sometimes I wish I could do that especially coz I say I "love" everything that when I truly do LOVE something it doesn't seem as genuine to others yah know? BUT I do think it's hella rad to give and receive compliments. Coz you literally have no idea how much it could affect someone! I remember literally three years ago when Antarge and Rawiri said I looked pretty one day ahahahahhahaha like maybe that's just coz of my bionic memory but like yeah, just make someone's day and say something nice. “I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou 

6. Don't give a damn about what people think. Me, Olea and Hurutea have truly mastered the art of not caring what everyone around us think of us when we're all together. We are THE loudest hansimest idiots and i just love it. We're having so much more fun than everyone giving us judgemental looks or telling us to shutup hahahaha and it's just the best. "There's power in looking silly and not caring" - Amy Poehler

5. You are your obsession. Like don't be shame of the things you love. If you love something or someone don't be afraid of people judging you for that, like people shouldn't be dicks about it, thats another thing, just coz someone likes or dislikes something different to you thats alright. Like everyones different and thats the kind of thing that makes us all unique and original or whatever. So yeah dont have guilty obsessions, be proud geol!

4. Don't sweat the small stuff. This is one of the biggest lesson's my mum's taught me, she's the best most laid back person ever, and like she doesnt worry about the little things that arent worth worrying about, she just gets on with it and just isnt dramatic about little problems like some people are hahahaha.

3. The seaweed is always greener in somebody else's lake. We're always comparing ourselves to everyone around us, all the things they have that we don't have, and it so doesn't make us feel any better. So instead of comparing what we don't have with people, we all just needa count our blessings and be super thankful for what we do have. I've been really tryna do that lately coz I really do believe that my life is whole and there are no missing pieces, it's darn near perfect.

2. Life is an adventure. Dont wait around for something fun and exciting to happen, make it happen! Everyday is my new favourite day because i try and like make that the best day ever! And its all just being positive and happy where you are and with what you have. Make little things fun and adventurous, it doesnt have to be big and life changing to be a fun adventure, a walk down the road in the rain is an adventure, a mid winter trip to Rere is an adventure. There are no adventures in life, because life itself is an adventure. I just made that up sieg.

1. You're never too old for fun. Yup I'm 17, what'd i do for my birthday? Wear onesies and had a piƱata. I'm not gonna stop watching disney movies, imaging dumb stories in my head, running around like an idiot, dancing like princesses with ton, playing with play dough hahahaha, listening to disney music, eating fairy bread, singing in the car even when I'm being the grown up and driving. I'm almost an adult but I don't really ever see myself acting like one. And das fine by meeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment