Thursday 20 February 2014

Japanese Dinner.


I've been meaning to do this for ages but I wanna write out all my recipes and stuff that I try, on here so that I can always find it easily if I wanna make it again and then when I grow up and someone wife's me and I'm a mumma I can cook em all again! I have like two others aswell I thank so I'll chuck em up! And now every week at school I'll be making a new cupcake recipe so I'll put those up too!!

Tonight mom was gonna make this weird eggplant and mince thing, moussaka I think it's called but then I was like hold up can we make something I had in Japan! I was so excited we're so ugly coz mum still made hers, I made mine, and then Ton made chips too ahahahaha! Uh so here's the recipe so I can make it again, and gotta be a proper blogger and put the link where I got it here

3/4 cup (115g) plain flour
1/4 cup (35g) cornflour
Pinch of bicarbonate of soda
1 egg, lightly whisked
1 cup (250ml) soda water, chilled
Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
Plain flour, extra, to coat
1 carrot, peeled, diagonally sliced
1/4 butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, thinly sliced
1 red capsicum, quartered, seeded
1 small eggplant, thinly sliced
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
300g green king prawns, peeled, deveined, leaving tails intact
Light soy sauce, to serve

Step 1
Sift the flour, cornflour and bicarbonate of soda in a medium bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add the egg and soda water and use chopsticks to gently whisk until just combined (do not overmix - the mixture should be lumpy). Place the bowl in a larger bowl filled with iced water.

Step 2
Add enough oil to a large saucepan to reach a depth of 6cm. Place over high heat. To test when oil is ready, a cube of bread turns golden-brown in 10 seconds.

Step 3
Place extra flour on a plate. Dip the vegetables in the flour to lightly coat. Dip one quarter of the vegetables, one at a time, into the batter. Shake off any excess. Deep-fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and tender.

Step 4
Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with remaining vegetables. Dip prawns in the extra flour to lightly coat. Dip prawns in the batter, one at a time, then deep-fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.

Step 5
Place vegetables and prawns on a serving platter. Serve immediately with soy sauce and wasabi, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment