Sunday 21 July 2013

Roald Dhal is the shizz.





Taking it back to ma childhood here! I remember the first ever chapter book I got. I was in the Maori class so I didn't learn to read English until I was like eight or nine. But my mum and dad would read to me. The first ever chapter book I had was a book that I won at assembly. My Maori teacher gave it to me and i remember it was about a goat. I was so proud of myself that I had read it. 



Then I started Kip McGrath and my English lessons at school. Half an hour everyday with my four other friends. So essentially I learned how to read. So when we went to the library I got English books instead of Maori ones. Because I was a spoilt rich white kid when we got that scholastic book catalogue thing I would always have to buy the new Geronimo Stilton books, I loved those books so much!! But I also loved Roald Dahl books. They were my life! I read all of them except Witches because that one scared me. I think I got my first one from my nana, James in the Giant Peach!



We had Roald Dahl day at school in the library on his birthday or the day he died or something? And it was like a national thing each year. But if you did this stuff and went to the library you got prizes. Dress up in yellow, wear your clothes backwards, bring your favourite book. I did most if the things and was so excited so I went to the library at lunch and got a chocolate or something but then everyone else just turned their clothes around and I got so annoyed because they didn't even care they just wanted a chocolate, stupid people.



My grandad used to get these CDs/DVD's for free in the news paper he got and would always send them to us. Most of them were really old people weird irrelevant things to as coz we were kids but there was one and it was the movie for The BFG  and we watched it so much and we scratched it up so much hahah!!




I just loved his books and still do! I haven't read one in forever but I know I still love them. Roald Dahl is like the coolest dude ever! He has the best way with words! It's fun and easy but has so much meaning and just ugh I luuurve him!! I want my kids to grow up reading his books, because I did and if I say so myself i turned out pretty great :D

No comments:

Post a Comment