Monday 28 October 2013

Halloween.

Ohmahgawsh haven't been here in ages. Soz. Meaningfully soz. Not soz not soz hahahah! I'm gonna write a post about the ball I went to on Friday later but now imma just write about Halloween. Coz I can.

Okay I live in New Zealand and we really don't celebrate Halloween that much which is kinda sucky! Like the big stores sell a lot of stuff to make money but there's not big parties, pumpkin carving, trick or treating and all that! Like in the Warehouse there's already Christmas stuff hahaha gurl gotta be prepared! I'm on the Internet a lot -.- haha so I see everyone else celebrating it! Getting stupid pumpkin recipes for everything, planning cool costumes, just like celebrating Halloween and I think it's weird how we just kinda don't celebrate it! As pretty much a whole country it's all kinda just meh we don't really care! I don't know if other smaller countries are like that and England and America are actually the only ones who celebrate it!!

Now for stories that totally just contradict (yes I just spent five minutes trying to figure out which word was the right word to use there, if you want a lot of fancy words go read Teahs blog okay) everything that I just said there about not celebrating Halloween! 

I'll do the non-embarrassing one first! So the only time I remember properly like celebrating halloween out of school like on my own with my friend, yup that makes sense, was when I was year seven I think maybe? Me and my bestfriend at the time, we decide to go trick or treating! I really liked where she lived like her neighborhood. I think was kinda like random and spontaneous, we didn't really plan like our outfits or anything I think, I can't really remember it that well, I know gasp I sometimes don't remember it. I know that I was so tired and sick of it by the end coz I'm just a fatty and that was way too much exercise hahaha! We got hardly any candy! One of the houses we went to was our principles house and he gave us and apple! Another house we went to had a sign on it that said no trick or treaters. And that's pretty much all I remember! It was fun though I guess! I'm pretty sure we got five pieces of candy in two hours!

Haha this is the ugly story! Olea knows this story and cracked up when I told her! It was when I was about seven or eight and we had an organised school trick or treating thing or whatever so after school we all went home got in our costumes then came back and went trick or treating around our hansim neighborhood but the people leading it had already pre planned people who had candy or something I dunno, at the end of the trick or treating they had prizes for best costumes and everything. They had categories in like boy and girl ages. So that year, I remember I went as a witch, I had a purple hansim dress on and a witches hat, haha and thought I was cool as wearing these black boots! I had my super short hair because I was just hansim like that. But I won a prize. The best 7-8 year old BOY costume. Hahahahha I remember they called my name out and I just cried my eyes out hahah oh far it was so shame coz it was I front of everyone and just ugh! Then my mom went and told them I was freaking girl and they gave me a girl prize. Which was THE ugliest bag I've ever seen in my life so the boy prize would probably have been better. So yeah. I have a boy name and have won a prize for best costume in a boys category. Hahahah but now literally all my clothes are boys clothes so that's kinda like ironic I guess?!

This Halloween though I painted my nails and I'm the proudest person ever because I think they look so dang cool and ugh I just love dem! Hurr is de picha!



That's literally all I've celebrated Halloween! If I went with my original plan I had last year I would be in America right now and would be celebrating it hard!! I can't wait to live in England and just ohmygosh that's gonna be so amazingly fun! And one day I will go to America specially for Halloween because I think it is a real cool holiday that is just kinda under appreciated and not celebrated here! But its freaking Christmas in eight weeks and gaaaaah I cannot express my love for Christmas, the limit does not exists!! Until next time yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment